mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 21, 2020 3:20:51 PM

Posted by Surlenza at Jan 2, 2006 2:57:14 PM
Re: Trinket suggestions thread

Rusty Sword (unusable) - If two or more swords dust at the same time one will become a stick and the other may become a rusty sword trinket. Odds are 3 to 1 against getting a rusty sword.

I really like this idea, but I'd recommend it be changed such that if the sword currently not equipped dusts, it has the chance of turning into a rusty sword instead of a stick (as I've had two swords dust at the same time, and the above dynamic would lead to attempts at trinket-farming, which seems outside the spirit of the game).

The idea behind the Rusty sword trinket is it is something that just happens by accident. It really only happens to the serious Sword Fighters. And losing two swords means being out of the tournies for a day or two. It adds a little silver lining to something that would otherwise be simply bad. It is kind of like being on a sinking ship. Losing a ship is very bad but the silver lining is that you might get an injury so it is not all bad. Being that you only have a chance at getting a rusty sword and it is not guaranteed means that they would be difficult to farm. You would have to waste a lot of swords and a lot of time before you could farm a steady supply.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates