mvnForum Homepage

Print at May 31, 2020 11:15:55 PM

Posted by LonesomeCrow at Jun 16, 2003 11:37:53 PM
Re: Carpenty Tips
I don't know about the rest of ye, but I'd like to see that annoying 'x' or '+' piece go away. That thing causes me more headaches and 'fines' than any other piece. I rarely if ever NEED one, and whenever they come up I'm struggling to find a place to put it where it won't throw off the rest of the hole.

Nemo, one thing ye don't mention when referring to the frequency of peices is how often it will be flipped one way or the other. Not all pieces are symetrical, so there are even more possibilities that what are shown. Often times I find that I'm waiting for a "P" shape, but it of course has to be flipped the right way.

Are we able to flip pieces as well as turn them? This would make things MUCH easier.

Also for what it's worth, I tend to follow Meghafords method as well, If the first three pieces I get will nicely fill 3/4 of a hole, I'll put them all in the same hole. As Meghaford said, I then get the maximum allowable turns to get that last piece. I have never had a hole blow up and get bigger though, I'll have to let that happen sometime just to see it ;-)
----------------------------------------
Tarrna: [Insignificant] Senior Officer - Sinking Feelings

Sergio Aragones wrote: 

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates