mvnForum Homepage

Print at Aug 24, 2019 9:27:04 PM

Posted by KingGoob at May 24, 2005 1:28:43 AM
Re: Opening islands in [Viridian]
Astridfin wrote: 
All I am seeing is the we can do it because some one else is.. Sorry mate ye feel this way. But with that atitude you will never get there. also you can be Eminent with out being in the top 10.

Not on Viridian. Like what was mentioned before, there is a curve. Let's assume that you have to be in the top 20% of flags to be eminent or above. If there are only 10 flags, there can only be 2 eminent+ flags, no more. This means there can only be 2 flags capable of blockading any given weekend if the devs don't open smaller islands. The opening of smaller islands isn't a solution, but it does allow a few more flags to fight in blockades. The only real solution is to increase the number of flags on Viridian, which has a financial barrier to it that a lot of people (at this point) would rather not pay if they don't have to.

I agree that it's possible for any flag to become eminent, they just have to puzzle more and better than the currently eminent flags. The problem that arises is that it's pretty easy to get high fame on Midnight because of the dead/dying flags, and a real tooth and nail fight to get it on Viridian because there are too few, but very active flags. I think this problem will be PARTIALLY solved once the dying flags start getting dissolved, but it will always be harder on viridian until they have an equal number of flags as Midnight.

Maybe this belongs in game design, but should fame be cross ocean? This could solve the problem too well, since the much larger flag structure inspired by the doubloon system would decimate the 4 or 5 crew flags on Midnight and Cobalt, reversing the problem and making it too easy to blockade on Viridian and too hard on Midnight/Cobalt.

Edit 1: I inteded to explain it a different way then what was already mentioned. Now I look back and I realize I pretty much copied Sweetiepiepi's post word for word. Sorry bout the re-read :(
----------------------------------------
Jack Handey wrote: 
If they ever come up with a swashbuckling school, I think one of the courses should be laughing, then jumping off something.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates