mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 16, 2019 10:49:46 AM

Posted by Cellophane at May 7, 2003 9:42:19 AM
Re: Ahoy New Players!
Q. If i buy a ship, is there any upkeep cost?

A. Yes. Rum, cannonballs, and hired NPPS all cost money. I suppose technically you could get by without cannonballs, and with a large active crew NPPs arent going to cost you much. But you'll always need rum.

Q. will i be pillaged and plundered often in my travels?

A. I suppose that would depend on how you define 'often'. It depends on who else is playing. Some pirates don't like the challenge of taking on live opponents, while others seek only such sport. Guess what kind I am and win a prize.

Q. how does it work with being part of another crew (i'm in a different crew)

A. I cant say I fully understand this question.. if you mean can you work for a different crew than your own? Most captains seem to allow this, it's your choice.

Q. what kind of differences exist between the different ships besides number of stations?

A. As I believe it, and please correct me if I'm wrong, the main differences in ship size are hold capacity and speed. IE a small sloop is theoretically the fastest ship, but has the lowest hold capacity. Again, I'm not 100% sure if this is true, or if it just SEEMS to be the case.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates