mvnForum Homepage

Print at Aug 19, 2019 7:52:30 PM

Posted by majestrate at Oct 21, 2018 6:10:35 AM
Re: GH Policy Regarding Blockade Closures

I think in most instances they're too quick to close any blockade.

How about if a flag shows they're seriously contesting, as in continually jobbing and not just entering 1:2 to drain the other side ect, no islands should be closed unless they havent entered for 2 whole rounds.

The way they're currently closing them and even though I mostly like your idea I feel like it forces you into strategical moves that may not positively affect you.

How do you define "seriously contesting"? I don't believe flags should get an automatic grant of 2 rounds to no show.

It's not just a matter of draining materials/funds, it's also a matter of keeping blockades competitive and not having people get annoyed at feeling like their time was wasted because an opponent wanted to wait until the 3rd round to make an appearance.

This definitely isn't something that's easy to solve, there's a really fine line between premature endings (no innuendo) and encouraging grief-like behavior, maybe neither of our suggestions do well to better navigate that line?
----------------------------------------
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates