mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 22, 2019 10:23:36 AM

Posted by Zenithar at Sep 22, 2018 2:38:08 PM
Re: Community Shopkeeping Spreadsheets Preview and Feature Requests
I've come close to the final version of my charting tool intended mainly for planning (Vs Data tracking) and come to a entirely opinion question I'd pose to potential users/community.

Do I cull outliers for data?

Arguments for: Well, just look at it. Someone's offering to sell iron at 10k/each, see what it does to a chart.

This isn't useful to anybody.

Arguments against - The instant I start editing the data from which things are created is the instant it goes from pure 'Visualizer' of information to something with changes to the dataset.

If I do cull outliers, by what criteria makes sense?

New features:
Charting:
-Two point island supply/demand comparison.
- Automatic calculation of linear interpolated supply/demand lines + formula display
Data Backend (Prepping for second version of shopkeeping sheets):
- Automatic aggregation of 'Oceanwide' data. (Future-proof, will work if more islands are added.)
- Analytics staleness sanity check. (Can check to ensure all sheets have properly updated. Cannot sanitycheck source data without the source data providing it. (Ex something saying: "Last Updated on XX/YY/ZZZZ" in yoweb or inside the TSV sets I pull from. I may be able to get creative with this later.)

What the chart with all options on looks like with a sane dataset:

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates