mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 21, 2019 6:10:02 PM

Posted by joshuawhelan at Aug 21, 2018 11:30:55 AM
Re: Please for the love of the game fix this

I never played on doubloon oceans much so I?m probably full of barnacle, but, it seems to me that the high poe cost of doubloons is hitting Grey Havens in the pocket book. If I want 30,000 poe and I can sell doubloons for 3000 each I?m going to need to buy 10. If I can only get 500 for my doubloons I?m going to need to buy 60. I?m sure Grey Havens would rather have me buy 60 doubloons. It would be in Grey Havens' financial interest to regulate the poe cost of doubloons.

I think it's the other way around kind of... getting the PoE to actually order something can be relatively easy, it's getting enough PoE to turn in to doubloons to deliver said item that really adds to the cost. For example on a war brig, 70%ish(?) of the overall cost is actually the doubloon delivery fee if you were buying from a stall.

Similarly, not many people are going to spend $200 on doubloons to pay their blockade jobbers or buy themselves cosmetic items if they're only getting 500 PoE per doubloon.
----------------------------------------

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates