mvnForum Homepage

Print at Aug 25, 2019 11:50:04 PM

Posted by jdl1963 at Oct 21, 2017 7:14:03 AM
Re: Server future, Opt-out PvP, Neutral Crews (BIG WALL OF TEXT)

To me "hire a better dnaver than you if you suck at it" isn't essentially different from "go play on another server or don't play if you don't like it". It's telling me "you must alter how you play or be prey and be sunk", and that's unacceptable.

And I see dnav, in this environment, as nothing more than a specialty. Similar to gunning or high-end carp/bilge/sails, "egging"/foraging/SF'ing in the various SMH's, or bnav in blockades.

Ah... so those us of us who aren't dialed into the social puzzle (and thus have access to high level dnavers) or who aren't lucky on the jobbing board (and don't have a higher level dnaver apply) are simply screwed then?

Or, to put it more simply, hiring a high(er) end dnavver isn't easy for most of us - and thus doesn't represent a solution.

I don't know how you would handle a PvP-free zone in PP:DS or even in YPP. There would be merchants who could operate with zero risk. Not a good idea, regardless of how many people think it is.

Most people in this discussion who object to the PvP situation object to sinking, not to PvP in general. Very few people are trying to eliminate PvP overall.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates