mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 22, 2019 7:02:23 AM

Posted by majestrate at Oct 19, 2017 11:31:25 AM
Re: Server future, Opt-out PvP, Neutral Crews (BIG WALL OF TEXT)

To me "hire a better dnaver than you if you suck at it" isn't essentially different from "go play on another server or don't play if you don't like it". It's telling me "you must alter how you play or be prey and be sunk", and that's unacceptable.

And I see dnav, in this environment, as nothing more than a specialty. Similar to gunning or high-end carp/bilge/sails, "egging"/foraging/SF'ing in the various SMH's, or bnav in blockades.

Ah, another former resident of Paragon City! Greetings from Doc Scorpion of Freedom! I don't recall any challenges in PvP zones, but I stayed out of them unless a mission took me there. (Got into a PvP fight with one of my controllers once. Taught an idiot that attacking a controller's pet rather than the controller was stupid. Had to teach him four times before he went away and stopped bothering me.)

I had left the game for a few years and was very sad when I tried to return, only to find out that it had shutdown. DCUO is not even close to being as enjoyable as CoH.

Anyway, while there was the PvP zone (never went there), IIRC, you could also challenge 1v1? The latter is what I would say is the better option. I don't know how you would handle a PvP-free zone in PP:DS or even in YPP. There would be merchants who could operate with zero risk. Not a good idea, regardless of how many people think it is.
----------------------------------------
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates