mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 17, 2019 4:54:09 PM

Posted by bahaakbu at Oct 19, 2017 3:23:14 AM
Re: Server future, Opt-out PvP, Neutral Crews (BIG WALL OF TEXT)

If I were a suspicious person, I would suspect that someone's trying to game the results by getting people to upvote the PvP options and NOT vote on "Fresh Start." But we're all respectable pirates here, and nobody would do that, right? Surely they'd realize that such discrepancies are obvious and detectable. ;)

Edit 10 minutes later: Now 40/21/19. Two more voters who voted for PvP options while not voting for the "fresh start" option. It's now gone beyond "suspicious" to "obviously meta-gaming."

OMG poker is rigged too! Why would you think people were terribly interested in a fresh start? Judging by numerous messages in early testing and announcement threads, a good number of players would have rather kept their stuff amassed on the classic oceans for Dark Seas.

Also since when was 2 votes in 10 min a statistically significant indicator of anything? Or for that matter, the results from a poll that's existed for mere hours.

Exactly. That's why I made this one: https://goo.gl/forms/cR0Xz3xfEhoILtok2

By steam infographics, in the last two weeks, 8000+-2500 steam users logged into dark seas. By worst estimates, 10000 players. For the questions with high gap between answers, about 100 should be enough. For the ones with head to head results (Like PvP right now.), we'll need about 370 participants to get enough statistical power. I intend to run this for a week, and then release the results with attached statistics. If we can't hit that many entries, well, we could run the problem of false negatives, but, buuut, I can't know for sure before running it. I'll see what I can do from there, but I'm a MD, not a statistician.
----------------------------------------
Cheesemighty on Obsidian.
I'm trying to compare the opinions of people on obsidian ocean, and see if the difference is statistically significant. It's anonymous and takes less than 5 minutes: https://goo.gl/forms/6icpkudNjlb1PmcF3

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates