mvnForum Homepage

Print at Jul 22, 2019 7:19:30 AM

Posted by jdl1963 at Oct 18, 2017 5:31:54 PM
Re: Server future, Opt-out PvP, Neutral Crews (BIG WALL OF TEXT)

This thread is not about sinking vs not sinking PvP. It's about PvP period, even non-sinking PvP.

Though, admittedly, I've only skimmed the last however many posts have gone up since my last post in here, so maybe it reverted to just sinking vs not sinking PvP.

As someone who prefers fighting NPPs (but is not averse to PvP), I liked the way CoH/CoV handled PvP. Someone gets challenged, they have 30 seconds (might've been a minute) to accept the challenge. That exact solution wouldn't do well here, but maybe something similar?

Ah, another former resident of Paragon City! Greetings from Doc Scorpion of Freedom! I don't recall any challenges in PvP zones, but I stayed out of them unless a mission took me there. (Got into a PvP fight with one of my controllers once. Taught an idiot that attacking a controller's pet rather than the controller was stupid. Had to teach him four times before he went away and stopped bothering me.)

That being said, there's a lot of different ideas being bandied about. I think most of us are OK with simply eliminating (or limiting) sinking because that puts the advantage to griefers, gankers, and other lowlifes. Sinking simply puts too much risk on the casual player.

With that being said, I still believe that dnav to avoid PvP is sufficient (though could be improved upon by requiring the attacker to not have more pirates, including NPPs, than the defender).

To me "hire a better dnaver than you if you suck at it" isn't essentially different from "go play on another server or don't play if you don't like it". It's telling me "you must alter how you play or be prey and be sunk", and that's unacceptable.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates