mvnForum Homepage

Print at Dec 9, 2019 4:05:22 PM

Posted by majestrate at Oct 18, 2017 3:57:51 PM
Re: Server future, Opt-out PvP, Neutral Crews (BIG WALL OF TEXT)

The classic PP system works well. You want to PvP with a chance of sinking? Declare war. When people take you up on the war, you get to do sinking PvP to your hearts' content with the people you're at war with... and can still PvP nearly everyone else, just with minimal consequences. Opt-in PvP is the only way that will never cost you players, because you never deal with people being unwilling victims suffering significant losses.

This thread is not about sinking vs not sinking PvP. It's about PvP period, even non-sinking PvP.

Though, admittedly, I've only skimmed the last however many posts have gone up since my last post in here, so maybe it reverted to just sinking vs not sinking PvP.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but PvP is capable at everywhere except the "newbie" Archipelagos (Orion Archipelago in Emerald) in the other oceans, correct? At any time, another player-run ship could engage you and effectively force a BNav fight, and (probable) Swordfighting duel. The only difference is that they can't sink you, and if you lose the Swordfighting, they take the same loot that an NPC would.

Is that correct, or am I misunderstanding something?

I'm not aware of any areas on any oceans being "PvP free". But, again, PvP not something I personally seek out, so it's entirely possible that I'm wrong.

To my knowledge the only time you can't attack another player is when that other player is on a navy vessel (aka a mission ["a mission from god"])
----------------------------------------
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates