mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 17, 2019 3:35:56 PM

Posted by majestrate at Oct 18, 2017 3:47:07 PM
Re: Server future, Opt-out PvP, Neutral Crews (BIG WALL OF TEXT)

The classic PP system works well. You want to PvP with a chance of sinking? Declare war. When people take you up on the war, you get to do sinking PvP to your hearts' content with the people you're at war with... and can still PvP nearly everyone else, just with minimal consequences. Opt-in PvP is the only way that will never cost you players, because you never deal with people being unwilling victims suffering significant losses.

This thread is not about sinking vs not sinking PvP. It's about PvP period, even non-sinking PvP.

Though, admittedly, I've only skimmed the last however many posts have gone up since my last post in here, so maybe it reverted to just sinking vs not sinking PvP.

As someone who prefers fighting NPPs (but is not averse to PvP), I liked the way CoH/CoV handled PvP. Someone gets challenged, they have 30 seconds (might've been a minute) to accept the challenge. That exact solution wouldn't do well here, but maybe something similar?

With that being said, I still believe that dnav to avoid PvP is sufficient (though could be improved upon by requiring the attacker to not have more pirates, including NPPs, than the defender).
----------------------------------------
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates