mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 20, 2019 4:02:22 PM

Posted by jdl1963 at Oct 17, 2017 3:15:58 PM
Re: Server future, Opt-out PvP, Neutral Crews

I think we all are trying to prove our point using anecdotal evidence, which is next to garbage.

No, not all of us are. Some of us are discussing PvP and gameplay issues well known to anyone who has paid attention to MMO's and MMO design over the last twenty odd years. No offense, but if you're not in that category, it's a mistake to assume that everyone else in the same boat.

I don't think you (or anyone) can magically know what the entire YPP community is thinking

Since I never claimed to know what the entire YPP community is thinking... I fail to see your point.

Everyone is basically talking out of their booties here(including me), in scientific terms.

In scientific terms, yes. But scientific terms, as impressive as they are to those who carelessly toss them around, aren't relevant here.

What is relevant is the abundant evidence from multiple MMO's spanning two decades. Given the choice between high risk non consensual PVP and either lower risk PVP or no PVP - players will choose the latter every single time.

As I said before, if you're not aware of the reality of MMO design and gaming trends of the last twenty years - that doesn't mean that everyone else is. That's not patronizing, that's cruel cold fact.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates