mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 16, 2019 11:16:36 PM

Posted by bahaakbu at Oct 17, 2017 9:31:50 AM
Re: Server future, Opt-out PvP, Neutral Crews

I think we all are trying to prove our point using anecdotal evidence, which is next to garbage.

No, not all of us are. Some of us are discussing PvP and gameplay issues well known to anyone who has paid attention to MMO's and MMO design over the last twenty odd years. No offense, but if you're not in that category, it's a mistake to assume that everyone else in the same boat.

I don't think you (or anyone) can magically know what the entire YPP community is thinking without obtaining a reasonable sample and obtaining data from them, even with years of experience. Hell, make it forty years of experience, if you so desire, in the hierarchy of evidence, it's still garbage. So unless you have few peer reviewed articles on this subject ready at hand, don't patronize me.

Everyone is basically talking out of their booties here(including me), in scientific terms. We need hard data, something to base our claims on. Even a poll would be just above garbage by the way, but it's still better.

For instance,

I submit that this experiment has failed. People are playing on this ocean in spite of PvP, not because of it. It is something that they are enduring - for now - in order to be able to play the game (with a reasonable number of active fellow players) at all.

I'd submit that there's plenty of players enthused and engaged in PVP and claims of failure are vastly exaggerated

Both are based on pure personal experience, and without GH setting some parameters to test this out, conduct a series of server experiments, we cannot know which one is more attractive for people.

----------------------------------------
Cheesemighty on Obsidian.
I'm trying to compare the opinions of people on obsidian ocean, and see if the difference is statistically significant. It's anonymous and takes less than 5 minutes: https://goo.gl/forms/6icpkudNjlb1PmcF3

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates