mvnForum Homepage

Print at Apr 4, 2020 3:18:01 PM

Posted by Devonin at Oct 15, 2017 1:17:37 PM
Re: Server future, Opt-out PvP, Neutral Crews
BobJanova wrote: 
Firstly, if you mean 'opt out of PVP' not 'opt out of sinking', then that is just a ridiculous suggestion. That would make carebearing on Obsidian even safer than on the safe oceans, since PVP is permitted everywhere (even off Lima dock ...) on all oceans at present.

Wanting to play that way is not ridiculous. Seeing if a balanced way to allow people who want to play that way to do so is possible is not ridiculous. 'Carebearing' is dismissive and patronizing. Saying 'There is a segment of your playerbase that would very likely consider paying a premium to have the kind of experience they'd prefer, maybe we should see if there are ways to make it so that style of play can be enabled without messing things up for other people' should be EXACTLY the kind of game design suggestion the staff want.

I'm sitting here saying "Lets talk about a way to make the company more money, make some more players happy, and do our level best to not make any other players unhappy" and you're basically telling me I'm a ridiculous buffoon.

on the safe oceans

As we've said and tried to get people to understand for some time now, for all intents and purposes, there are no oceans besides this one. There are some interactive museums but there's no there there.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates