mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 15, 2019 4:54:29 PM

Posted by Filthyjake at Sep 21, 2017 3:49:56 AM
Re: Reasoning behind higher stake poker on Obsidian

This pretty much sums it up, already on Obsidian you have gone from see barely 1 table for poker up to seeing 3+ daily - not a huge jump but a big jump nonetheless. You want this game to work, you need people on ships, running ships and doing stuff on ships.

People want poe, I have seen a decrease in KH and Cit's since they "fixed" the pay.

So the game won't work if the people who can't puzzle on a ship for what ever reason they should play some other game. Poker is a game you can play while doing other activities easily yet still be logged in playing. I often play used to play poker while waiting for friends ect or a run that is appealing to me yes it can pay but at least I am not straight lining or afking on a pillage because real life won't let me focus 100% of my attention on a game.

Right now putting in the higher stakes in poker, and not capping the hearts/spades buy-ins is going to have a massive effect over time to people sitting on the ships.

This is my argument, cap all or none. If money moving to easy was an issue a rake was a great idea yet only hits one part of the game that has gambling and should affect all gambling.

This wager should have aPoe Sink in the form of a rake as well.

To many people playing gambling?? Create a wager badge 20 Dubs - 50 Dubs. No more parlor badge (I still don't have one) all the games are free you just can't play for poe. End the fee days I would love cribbage checkers, and other games for the ship loading waits especially since you can't mutli client. Instead I log on find little to nothing to do end up in the shops rather then the ships. That said I can't afford the 200k table but it is total barnacle that only one form of gambling is hit.

Okay, let's put it this way. Define "piratey" as "the spirit of the game as it was on Midnight in 2004"

I wasn't around but I doubt the game looks the same as since I joined I have seen rigging, patching, Kracken added.

There were other things that ruined the game, but Poker contributed more than her fair share. She is a cruel mistress.

I understand the issue with people pulling a million out of the poker pot, but the rake is a great equalizer. People still can do so with other games and they don't have a rake. I understand my argument is going to fall on deaf ears. I guess I will keep shops till it gets boring with out commode markets its annoying . Honestly I can say that I miss poker and with out it the game is to demanding on my time yes I used it to supplement my income. I support the game with real money, but with out poker or enough time I can't afford to play the game I enjoy on Dark Seas.
----------------------------------------
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates