mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 19, 2019 10:18:31 AM

Posted by Filthyjake at Sep 20, 2017 6:21:57 PM
Re: Reasoning behind higher stake poker on Obsidian

Of course my post is/was a joke but it just points out there are lots of ways to make more pay then pillaging. Stop Attacking Poker cause you don't like it.
It's not just that we don't like it (actually I quite like poker), it's that (i) it's not at all piratey and (ii) it can redistribute money far faster than you can get it through piratey activities, to the extent that it doesn't matter if you're any good at anything else, poker is the only important skill.

How is Hearts, Spades, Sparing SF, Rumbling, Treasure Drop or running a tailor or any shop Piratey, its no different.

Pirates hunt merchants, each other, not monsters guess that should go too. Its a game. Pirates fought to death not for wagers. Im sure they jumped into rafts and went looking for eggs. Or drive into odd building that pop up in the ocean to fight goons.

I'm no expert but if I was to join up to a game called "Puzzle Pirates" tomorrow, I'd be unlikely to quit the day after just because there's no 20k - 200k poker. I'd kind of expect something along the lines of puzzling, piracy & ships....

Would you if you joined it had 200k tables?
----------------------------------------
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates