mvnForum Homepage

Print at Apr 3, 2020 3:55:32 PM

Posted by wrs1864b at Sep 8, 2017 6:01:13 AM
Re: Route difficulties on the template maps

(I haven't figured out how to compensate for the variations of the parchment-y map background. I guess we could take three pixels from each LP and average them, but ugh. I'm hoping there's an easier/more accurate way.)

From what I remember reading about it ages ago, initially, someone took many screen dumps of the maps and averaged them and yeah, it was ugly. then, someone (maybe the same person, I don't remember) got permission from an OM or Dev to replace the game image files for league points to get clear images (and then restore them while playing for real).

The early YPP attracted a lot of techies so there has been a lot more done for older oceans. Things like exact commodity spawn rates, route difficulty rates were explored before the world maps showed them, many of the shop/trade/blockade/pillager tools, island editing tools, etc., were developed on the older oceans, etc.

Good luck.
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates