mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 15, 2019 11:59:02 AM

Posted by Captainjey at Mar 3, 2017 6:22:10 AM
Re: How do OMs know you're botting?

I live in a dorm and most of my roommates are using our connection to download... the most common files on the internet. So I frequently disconnect. This happened yesterday: I was rumbling during a pillage and I was disconnected. An error message appeared saying something like "normally there is a communication between the client and the server each 5 seconds; if this time is longer, this could be a sign of cheating".

This particular behavior of being booted from a brawl due to lag has been in the game for at least as long as I've been playing (which is probably far longer than any bot detection has been present). Since it's something that could legitimately happen to players, I have doubts that the occasional occurrence of this will cause the game to think you're cheating.

If I were to walk around my house with my laptop and switch between Wifis (under same name) in the house would it also maybe cause a misconception?

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates