mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 18, 2019 11:19:14 AM

Posted by EmpressTamar at Jul 14, 2016 9:49:53 AM
Re: Thoughts on stalling in citadel runs

Side note, the "stall with 2/3+" concept is from well before Atlantis existed.

Yes but there was this era when suddenly EVERYONE started to apply it in every citadel run. Almost as if it was a fashion thing, everyone needed to do it ^^

There's a reason when I MAA that I tell people to stall when teamed on and to use their best judgement if it's time to stall or not. Stalling can be very useful in the right situations (eg. Taking longer to die with several goons on you so that your teammates can build, or stalling out a breaker shortage to watch goons hit the same shortage and kill themselves), but it should not be used all the time. If you have two or three goons teamed on you and you're decent enough at SF to be on a cit run in the first place, you should be able to send off decent combos while dealing with the swords those goons are sending you. Only difference is you build lower. And while yes, those attacks could be used as fodder for the goons, that's why you would never solo in using that strategy. Better to team with two other people who can hopefully time their similar attacks with yours. Or what I'll often do in that case is ghost on a goon that's nearly dead, to ensure the kill and not provide fodder for an empty board goon.
TL;DR stall when the situation calls for it, not because you've got two dots next to your name
----------------------------------------
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates