mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 17, 2019 6:51:58 PM

Posted by majestrate at Jul 12, 2016 2:18:55 PM
Re: Thoughts on stalling in citadel runs
Sagacious wrote: 
Would probably help if people got it out of their heads the idea that swords don't matter vs bots. They most certainly do.

This. Wholly and completely, this.

Finaally wrote: 
Basically what I'm trying to say is, look at it from a goons perspective. When do they send huge attacks? When they have fuller boards (greater than 40%). So how do we avoid that? By not attacking them unless we are certain to kill them. How can we be certain to kill them if 6 - 7 guys are stalling? we're losing out on so much of our attack force potential! And for what? Trying to avoid attacks that are most likely never to come. The price you're paying for a small chance of actually being successful isn't good enough.

If you have 3 or 4 NPPs attacking you and you stall, you keep them targeting you by stalling. This allows others to build the combos that will kill the NPPs.

Stalling just to stall makes no sense, I agree. But it is a valid tactic.
Edit: That is to say, stalling can be a valid tactic to winning against NPPs. However, just "blanket stalling" is not a path to victory.

If I have a player that doesn't know how to send large attacks and is constantly sending 3 or 4 sprinkles at a time, I'd rather they stalled and allow the other, more severe, attacks to get through instead.

For the "by not attacking them unless we are certain to kill them" statement, what you're looking for is a ship that has nothing but insta-kill SF'ers.
----------------------------------------
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates