mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 27, 2020 8:37:02 PM

Posted by altheacat at Jun 15, 2016 12:17:05 AM
Re: RIP Kraken Hunt
I've been too busy in r/l to play much, hence the long delay in replying.

First let me reply to Ryujin.

Couple of points:

- the safe zones only apply a little now. No, the tentacles do NOT always spawn in the same place during each entry, not any more. Yes, one can still use the outside of the board to sneak away, but, from personal experience, the tentacles, whilst still spawning in the 'middle of the board', now appear much more randomly after each down.

- yes, I am well aware that trophies are irrelevant after all this time. However, I was, rather lazily, using 'gold bomber' as a short hand. My hearties include people who have done this puzzle since it's appearance on Ice, are extremely experienced and skilled. I don't feel comfortable mentioning names without their permission, but trust me, they're very good and know their stuff.

I have loved this puzzle, done masses of it, not just a few entries after being semi-dormant. I don't claim to be any good at it, which must be part of the problem, but am a pretty reliable 3-egger. I just don't feel like playing much now, partly because the experience has become frustrating rather than enjoyable.

Now to reply to Forculus !
----------------------------------------
Noushka still of Sage

SO of Privateers
Lady of the Black Flag

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates