mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 22, 2019 12:59:04 PM

Posted by Nemesis at Jan 27, 2016 11:32:58 AM
Puzzle Day Doodle: YPP IRL! [Winners announced!]

Prizes Announcement

What are we doing? Finding YPP Puzzles in Real Life!
How do we play? Find and take a picture of real things that look like YPP puzzles (either in part or as a whole)
Why do we do this? Because we love puzzles!
When do I have to do this? By 29 Jan 2016 11:59pm Pacific

The prizes
* Puzzling things!
* Puzzle-like furniture!
* Nemesis Eggs!
* Maybe even a doll!
* Ships with puzzling paint jobs!
* Ships with puzzle related names!
* Shiny Sun Points!
As I have done previously (we all know I stole this from Apollo by now, right?), I'm keeping prizes flexible, depending on the quantity and quality of entries. Confused? Downright puzzled? Good! Here's more information:

The details
* The deadline is 11:59pm pirate time on Friday 29th January 2016
* One entry per person.
* Your picture should include an index card or similar including your pirate name and ocean.
* These must be your own pictures!
* No nudity, gross stuff, or illegal stuff. If it's questionable in any way, best to skip it.
* Your photograph should not be a figure study or a portrait - that is, any human being (or animal) should only be incidental to the shot, rather than being the main subject. For example, if you photograph a sailor, the photograph should be about the work or the activity rather than being a portrait.
* In addition, there should be no children visible in your photographs, except as unidentifiable figures in the background.
* Normal rules for forum content apply, so images should not contain tasteless or offensive text or content.
* Items in the picture can be "Found" meaning it already exists but also happens to look like a YPP puzzle, or created out of everyday items as long as they are reasonably unchanged. An example of a found entry could be a picture of your flooded privy with ol' Ma and Pa pirate bailing way with buckets. It could also be a super cool stack of lumber that just happens to have bits shaped like carpentry pieces. An (very boring and I better not see entries of this) example of a created picture would be a mop bucket full of marbles with some scattered sea life toys.
* Don't use my examples! My examples are super boring and won't entertain the judges (me).
* Don't put marbles in your toilet. I can see you thinking about it. Yes, you. DON'T DO IT.
* Do not do things that will cause damage. We won't be held responsible. I break enough things all on my own.
* You have time, so take time and ask questions if anything isn't clear.
* Make sure to caption your image in your post so that we know which puzzle you're sharing. Let's face it: Some of us couldn't recognize a Masterpiece from a Pig's Breakfast!

To keep things sane-ish and prevent quibbling, here is a list of puzzles in the game that will qualify:

Swordfighting
Rumbling
Sailing
Rigging
Bilge
Carpentry
Patching
Gunnery
Navigation
Alchemistry
Blacksmithing
Distilling
Shipwrighting
Weaving

Yes, I've left off some that could qualify as puzzles, but that's the way it's got to be!

So your entry post should include:
* pirate name and ocean
* a picture of your entry with your name/ocean tag
* your favorite in-game color (of those available in shoppes)

----------------------------------------
Hera says, "I wish I was awesome enough to be on #TeamEvil!"
Later...
Hera says, "And the sorry thing is, I can't remember if I said, or didn't say, that."
----------------------------

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates