mvnForum Homepage

Print at Feb 23, 2020 9:28:16 AM

Posted by wrs1864b at Dec 31, 2014 12:54:31 PM
Re: Tzz's Ultimate Puzzle Guide: Version 2.0

Edit: ok, to be clear, there is a cap on the maximum number of moves/turn you can generate and how fast you can get your ship to accelerate out of battle, but that cap can be hit with a small number of sailors doing Incredible, or a large number doing Good/Fine. There is no cap caused by the magic 40%.

I'm not one who has done the most research / checking on this specific topic but I'm fairly sure that "Magic 40%" is the cap you are referring to; it being reached with 40% of the maximum sailors scoring incredibles.

If you have people scoring Incredible, you hit the max well before 40%.

I thought that this thread was just an update of the 2007 thread A guide for XOs - How ships really work, but that thread was created by someone else. Back then, I tested a lot of the results that Bootlicker got for in-battle results, but I haven't tested things again since the increased swabbies. Back then, I also used the "battle brigands" mission to get swabbies that scored higher than fine and found that yes, all performance from all stations matter.

Testing things again, and showing testable data would be good.
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates