mvnForum Homepage


Print at Feb 23, 2020 9:59:18 AM

Posted by wrs1864b at Dec 30, 2014 6:17:09 AM
Re: Tzz's Ultimate Puzzle Guide: Version 2.0
 
On a MB, it rounds to the top 3 sailors generating 75% of the tokens, and the bottom 3 generating the other 25%.

But it isn't even that. The first sailor adds the most, the last sailor adds the least, there is no clear line at 40% or any other number and there is no cap. By promoting the myth that there is a magic 40% cap, you get bnavvers doing stupid stuff.


I do agree with one of your conclusions that too many bnavvers try to load up on sails in order to get moves and let the damage/bilge get out of hand. If you have full bilge, it doesn't matter much how many sailors you have.

Edit: ok, to be clear, there is a cap on the maximum number of moves/turn you can generate and how fast you can get your ship to accelerate out of battle, but that cap can be hit with a small number of sailors doing Incredible, or a large number doing Good/Fine. There is no cap caused by the magic 40%.
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates