mvnForum Homepage

Print at Jun 5, 2020 4:05:49 AM

Posted by wrs1864b at Dec 29, 2014 9:46:01 AM
Re: Tzz's Ultimate Puzzle Guide: Version 2.0

Sails: Sails works similar to carp/bilge with one major difference. At any given time, only the top 40% of indicators effect the sailing speed or token generation. This does not mean you only need 40% of sail stations filled though. It's not the top 40% of the duty report, but the 40% of the current indicator levels. Different people may contribute at different times. Well, to be more accurate, the bottom 60% count as well, but their scores are capped and don't contribute very much.

I've seen this claim before, and I don't believe it. The claim conflicts with the well documented Ship handling and station performance information in the yppedia. For example, a MB has 6 sailing stations, so 40% of that would be only 2.4 stations. However, significant improvements on performance goes up to at least 5 stations. I also suspect that the more bilge a ship has, the more important it is to have lots of sailing stations.

A whole bunch of the rest of the advice is on very questionable foundation due to this incorrect assumption that only 40% of sails matter.
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates