» List all forums
» » Forum: Game Design
» » » Thread: The ocean merge is ruining the game
» » » » Post: Re: The ocean merge is ruining the game
Print at Apr 2, 2020 3:47:01 AM
|Posted by wrs1864b at Apr 6, 2014 6:54:09 PM|
Re: The ocean merge is ruining the game
Ok, it has been 2 months since my last update, and well over a month since the OOO patched the spawns, so I figured I give one final set of graphs.
* I think the fix is working well. In general, prices of wood, hemp and cane have dropped to around the price they were before the merger.
* Not only do the graphs show improvement, but I also have some hard-to-explain data based on the sales tax rate vs dock-side market prices that show improvement. I had used this data to check that other oceans did not have problems like Cerulean and now they show that Cerulean is also less skewed for herbs/minerals.
* It is important to take all this with a large grain of salt. The game is designed to have price swings and those normal swings can last months or years. It hasn't been long enough to rule out that this is just normal price swings, but I doubt it.
* Since the the ocean merger, the population and number of shops/stalls have both dropped, the latter by about a third. This means that delivering the 3080 units of commods that the graphs show will fill much deeper into the dock-side market now than it did in the past. So, while the prices look to be about the same as when the oceans were merged, really, they are still a little higher.
* It is hard to tell from the graphs, but wood prices dipped down from 40PoE/unit to 39.5PoE/unit 3 days before the the fix was put in, but then almost immediately dropped to 37.5PoE/unit after and continued down from there.
* While wood prices have corrected quickly, I think they are the exception. Wood is too bulky to store and it is used in large quantities. On the other hand, you can easily store years worth of herbs/minerals, and it appeared that their prices never fully stabilized to the booched spawn configuration, so I suspect it will take years for it to fully correct.
2010-01-20 trading posts
2011-12-03 jubilee opens
2012-01-31 ocean merger
2012-03-21 reboot exploit closed
2013-09-16 extra swabbies
2014-02-26 spawns fixed
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
Powered by mvnForum
mvnForum copyright © 2002-2006 by MyVietnam.net