Posted by Faulkston
at Nov 5, 2013 7:45:58 PM
Re: Leaving a message when someone is Offline
Please read the announcement thread for the rules of the Game Design forum.
There are many resources which may be helpful in finding existing discussions to continue:
If there's an existing discussion thread to reply to and it's older than a few months, be sure to call attention to the age of the thread. Including the word "bump" when adding new material will do.
- The Anti-list of ideas disapproved by the Game Developers. Note that they're not totally ruled out but the Game Developers often had some fairly strong objections and any further discussion on such ideas should start by addressing these objections. Note that philosophical objections are pretty firm e.g. no personal firearms in Puzzle Pirates. By definition it means there is an existing discussion on the idea.
- The List of ideas the Game Developers didn't react adversely to. As the game gets updated, some of the ideas may become obsolete or unnecessary. By definition it means there is existing discussion on the idea.
- The thread Hermes started contains links to suggestion threads for furniture, clothing, pets, trinkets and trophies.
- Commonly discussed ideas is a fairly comprehensive listing of previously proposed ideas. In general the Game Developers have not expressed approval nor disapproval of these ideas.
- Search (in Game Design) to see if your idea has come up before. You may prefer to use Google or some other search engine that you're more comfortable with. You can ask for help with searching in this thread:
Generally you may expect a response within 24 hours, though questions with hard to find answers may take slightly longer.
Yes, people have thought about the possibility of leaving a message to a person that is offline. Piratey email is on The List.
Avatar by Carribean