mvnForum Homepage

Print at May 24, 2019 4:30:58 PM

Posted by JakSparow117 at Apr 16, 2013 9:36:09 PM
Re: Travidar's Ultimate Blacksmithing - YPPedia Guide *PLEASE REVIEW!*

Personally, I don't think using alternating sets helps people at all to be honest as I still score excellents/increds without it, the other tips, however, helped me a lot.

Thanks Travidar!

Boardhopping is a poorly kept secret of great blacksmiths. It won't help you much if you can't masterpiece boards a high % of the time, but knowing how to do it quickly will improve anyone's game. Since the only theoretical limit on your board-hopping search for a perfect starting board is your patience, unless you are fully exploiting boardhopping, you have room to improve by raising your threshold of which boards you will accept.

It is also pretty important for competitions. You don't want to waste a bunch of time on boards that already suck not to mention that a good amount of starting boards don't even have complete solutions (ones where you can clear all the orange without dipping into the dark gray).

I'm pretty highly rated in blacksmithing, so I know what I'm talking about. I might create my own guide some day, but for now, Travidar's + Tzz's is what you have to work with, unless you know a good amount of about discrete-mathematics/graph-theory, and they recommend looking for alterating sets.
----------------------------------------
Mackso-Emerald

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates