mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 19, 2019 5:24:42 AM

Posted by TexasBeesh at Mar 21, 2013 7:29:20 AM
Re: So you just bought OOO...
I do understand why OOO does not listen to everyone or even respond. At least I think I have an idea.

I worked on a courthouse project (renovation). I had to go in EVERY space of the courthouse and document existing conditions before any real work was started.

As soon as they found out what I was there for, the flood of ideas from the "clients" came in. Almost everyone working in the court house had something to say about how they wanted their space to function. >.< Holy cow...what a mess.

The project had limits and I was not going to sit down and explain this to hundreds of people.

I'm not a computer or programer type but I know that even if an idea is a good one, sometimes its not feasible for one reason or the other.

Adding things to a game or even a floor plan can have major chain reactions (even if the clients don't understand that). It's not as easy as it sounds to simply put something in game I am sure. Just like it's not easy to just add another room or floor to a building. I have to think mechanical, electrical, pluming...structural...

I read a lot on here whey people say, it should be "easy". Well let me tell you even moving all wall 6" has its complications...

So if game design is anything like building design in this aspect, I get it.
----------------------------------------
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates