mvnForum Homepage

Print at Feb 28, 2020 4:56:45 AM

Posted by Squishat at Mar 15, 2013 5:59:29 PM
Re: Pixelpixie's Spring Avvatars
Gotta say, this was better than I could have imagined!

The detail is just so fantastic, the monkey so cute, even the details on the jacket! With the pegleg and the feather!

Dare I say I think this is even better than the ones you made for the OMs? :P Yeap.

Yes, Dagger does have the added advantage of knowing what I like from a previous Avatar event thingy. (Which, might I add, was also fantastic beyond what I thought was possible! It's the Widow Queen one at the top.)

I have to say without a doubt, that this one right here is my favorite avatar I have ever commissioned over the past urm... 4? 5? years!

(Any other artists happening to read this, yes I loved all of yours too, but just this one much more :P Like that scene from the Simpsons movie where Flanders puts a mug of hot chocolate on the window sill for Bart to take, and puts a lot of extra toppings, this one is like the mug with the final topping.)

When I sent the order in, I honestly didn't really know what I wanted. I wanted Dagger to have her space. If there is anything I have learnt over the years, it's that... have a good idea for the general idea of an avatar, but allow the artist himself/herself to take their own artistic license, to do what they are comfortable doing.

Because if what you request is too specific and too much out of their "zone", it will turn out as best as they can make it, but you probs won't like it as much.

Also you have to keep in mind that Avatars are only 150x150. So if you request too much, the smaller details that the artist worked so hard on will be lost in translation (from large to small).

Anyway, a little derailing...

Dagger was very patient with me, especially since I didn't really know what I wanted at the beginning. A few back and forths over skype. Which worked pretty well considering we played on different oceans and in different timezones. xD

She also took many shots from all angles to ask which one I wanted. xD Gotta say, it was a rather tough choice because it was just so amazing, all around.

So well worth the wait.

11/10 would want another one....

...Just as soon as I can spare the PoE for it.
----------------------------------------
Hellogoodbye says, "Squishat - Pro rock sinker."
on Emerald

===

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates