mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 21, 2020 7:57:49 AM

Posted by GreatBob at Feb 19, 2013 1:03:02 PM
Re: The ocean merge is ruining the game

From what I understand, commodity spawns are tied to several different factors which make a loop. Tax rates are 10% of the trimmed mean of the ocean's dockside buy transactions (not just listings, actual transactions).

No, that can't be all of it. Navy dye on Cobalt was only ever purchased from the olive dockside market, it was never sold to a stall/palace, and yet it has a tax rate. Therefore, dockside purchases must factor in to the tax rate also. Also, buying/selling at prices far from the tax rate seem to be ignored, it isn't just 10% of the trimmed mean of the dockside transactions.

I don't know how exactly things work, but it doesn't appear to be a simple system.

Ah sorry, I was going off of memory. Now that I've rechecked, it is oceanwide average use cost that determines the tax rate, and completed dockside buys are what drive the spawns. Everything is based on a trimmed mean though, to prevent individual players from having a direct effect.

Pretty much every possible product (all variations of paint, enamel, herbs, minerals etc, even if we don't see them as an active commod in the game) has a base tax rate assigned to it.
----------------------------------------
Penguinpaste, SO of Polaris, Obsidian. Dark side.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates