mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 19, 2019 4:40:31 PM

Posted by Galene at Feb 14, 2013 7:45:14 AM
She loves me; She loves me not. (A Valentine Parody Writing Event) [Results Posted]
Results Posted! Prizes have been delivered!

As I was viewing the in game notice board one day, I saw a pirate blurb advertising his pillage with the phrase, "now you're just somebody that I used to job". This was a pretty witty parody of Gotye's Somebody That I Used to Know, I thought, and it made me giggle. Having been enjoying several other parodies of the song prior to this (most of which I can't link due to the language), I was struck with the inspiration "What a great Anti-Valentine event this could make". I immediately volunteered to run it. When nobody signed up to run a proper "Valentine" event those big meanie heads wise and wonderful employers I work for threatened to make me give Cronus a pedicure again unless tactfully suggested I modify the event to include a choice of entry styles.

She loves me; She loves me not.
This event gives you a choice of two pre-selected songs to write a parody for (no singing required). Either an Anti-Valentine Pirate Parody of Somebody That I Used to Know by Gotye (ft. Kimbra) (lyrics) OR a Valentine Pirate Parody of Little Things by One Direction (you don't like it, YOU give Cronus a pedicure) (lyrics). You'll have to make a choice, one or the other! No singing is required, this is strictly a writing event.

Rules
  • Entries need to be your own, original work and created specifically for this contest.
  • You may only post your own entries and not post entries on the behalf of another entrant.
  • Prizes will only be awarded to the pirate and on the ocean listed in the entry post.
  • Entries which are posted or edited after the deadline will be disqualified.
  • Only one entry per person-not pirate-not one for each parody song choice.

Entry threads
The entry threads are JUST for entries. Feedback on entries, discussion, comments and questions all belong in this main event thread. Include your pirate name and ocean of play along with your parody lyrics. Do not edit your lyrics after the entry deadline or your entry will be disqualified.

She loves me! Valentine entries for Little Things by One Direction
She loves me NOT! Anti-Valentine entries for Somebody That I Used to Know by Gotye ft. Kimbra

Deadline
Entries must be posted by 23:59:59 game time February 24, 2013. Any entries submitted OR edited after that time will be disqualified.

Prizes
This is two separate events, so two separate prize lists!

She loves me! Valentine Parodies (One Direction)
1st: Horus jar, rose and maroon heart tapestry and inscribed long stem red rose
2nd: Yellow urn with treasure, rose and maroon crossed heart and inscribed roses
3rd: Rose and grey decorative cannon balls, rose and maroon rose wreath and inscribed orchids
4th: Chocolate covered strawberries, inscribed daisies and a rose and maroon handkerchief (I hear one is an aphrodisiac, and the other makes a great blindfold!)

She loves me NOT! Anti-Valentine Parodies (Gotye)
1st: Anubis jar (he says your heart is very heavy), rose and maroon heart tapestry and inscribed long stem red rose
2nd: Broken yellow urn (like your heart), rose and maroon crossed heart and inscribed rose (single, just like you)
3rd: Rose and grey decorative small cannon balls, rose and maroon rose wreath and inscribed orchid (single-oh you get the idea!)
4th: Chocolate cake, an inscribed daisy and a rose and maroon handkerchief (to dry those lonely tears)

BONUS:
My favorite entry from either group (not both) per English production ocean will receive an inscribed Galene doll. Just one per ocean!
Honorable mentions for both groups may get other random Valentine or Seashell themed trinkets or furnishings.

Edits:
1) Jade and Opal players are welcome to participate if their English is strong enough they feel they are able. You will need to submit your lyrics entries in English for me to judge. You'll be able to claim prizes on your home ocean of Jade or Opal, however. I've excluded myself from being required to give a Doll prize as I wasn't sure how much participation those oceans would have-but it's still possible if I really like an entry!

Results Posted! Prizes have been delivered!
----------------------------------------
Galene
(12:24:59 PM) Oceanus: Hahaha ur ded on teh grond

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates