mvnForum Homepage

Print at Jun 17, 2019 11:46:10 PM

Posted by Brandishwar at Feb 5, 2013 12:23:19 PM
Re: Puzzle Pirates Trade Profiteer
Several users have reported to me via PM that they are experiencing trouble running the Trade Profiteer. In particular they are all seeing the same problem. I will admit that I've been stumped and didn't now where to look.

Until a PM I received yesterday that shined a bright light on the problem. Courtesy of some astute observations from a keen-eyed user, I now know what the issue is and, more importantly, how to fix it. I'll be prepping a code fix later this week and should have something out by the weekend. Basically the issue comes down to an assumption I made about the Java Runtime Environment that doesn't always hold true. This has also been corroborated by a bug report that has been logged with Oracle.

Stay tuned and let me know if you have any questions.

i am running on windows 7 ultimate, 64 bit system. Java version 1.7.0_09. Thanks!

Under File->Options, you probably noticed the option "Application Logging". Change the "Application logging level" to "Debug" and attempt to import market data again. The log file will be written out to the "Colony West Software Company\Trade Profiteer" folder under your Documents folder, same place where it stores the database file. After attempting to import the data, open that log file (should be called "trader.log") and paste what it writes out into a PM to me.

After you've done this, you might want to change the Application logging level back to Off.

Thanks.

----------------------------------------
On Viridian as Arcturis, Captain of The Rum Running Dragons and King of Demons and Damsels

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates