mvnForum Homepage

Print at Jun 17, 2019 11:44:00 PM

Posted by Brandishwar at Dec 5, 2012 1:33:59 PM
Re: Puzzle Pirates Trade Profiteer

So I just found out this program exists. And I love it!
Had to overcome a few problems but finally got it installed and it works like a charm :)

What I was wondering is this:
I usually play on mac using steam, but I haven't been able to run it using wine. But I noticed that at some point you considered putting the source somewhere online. Are you still doing this? If so, I would like to try to make a version compatible with mac (and maybe steam).

Thanks for your comments. I do plan to open source the Trade Profiteer. Currently I'm working to spawn off a few of the Trade Profiteer's internal components as separate projects. I've also got another feature I'd like to implement as well. Unfortunately the fact I work full time has been a damper on a lot of this, and work on the Trade Profiteer is something I do in my off time.

With Steam, I know some of the technical specifics behind how to support it. The question is whether doing so would violate any licensing or service terms regarding playing Y!PP through Steam. I haven't looked into it, though, so I won't make any comments on it until I verify what can be done.

Mac support has been requested a few times. I've been reluctant to move forward in the past simply because I don't have access to a Mac. I'd be interested in knowing what issue you're having with Wine as I've tested the Trade Profiteer on Linux with Wine and not had any issues -- I'll be incorporating some kind of support for this into the deployment process.
----------------------------------------
On Viridian as Arcturis, Captain of The Rum Running Dragons and King of Demons and Damsels

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates