mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 21, 2019 10:32:38 AM

Posted by Ezder at Oct 7, 2012 2:48:16 PM
Re: Regarding sinking blockades
Iwnabeu wrote: 

I strongly, strongly, strongly disagree here. Do you really mean that you prefer an ocean where the smaller flags keep getting bled at their worthless outposts, while the wealthy "winners" can sit and collect island income while noone drops on them, because they don't want to spend 25 mil+ in a day? No, it should be possible to drop on larges, even if you're not likely to win, or to keep up with a paywar. And it would be, no problems at all apart from the higher drop cost, if those blockades weren't made sinking.

a) Cading never makes profit.
b) 25 mil+? this weekend Kirin didnt even cost 5m (counting ships sunk)... and pay went up to 4k+ at times

That's exactly what I said, but from another perspective. "If you don't want your fleet sunk, don't drop here. Drop somewhere else if you want, but leave our islands alone!" Fine, I get it, those flags want to sit uncontested and get fat from island income. Just please skip the BS about loving blockades, and be honest about it.

Didnt you do the same thing?

Sit on islands for months and months.

a) Sure can. Flagsit a profitable island, let everyone know that any cade on it will be a sinky paywar, then sit there for three years. 150 mil profit, or more. Not that tricky.
b) Read what you're replying to. The 25 mil figure came from this:
Lilcracker wrote: 
i would suggest that unless you have enough poe to go 5 rounds of 6k+ pay (even though most cades dont reach that high, but best to make sure ye can last), don't cade a strong island or strong flag... disappointment lies ahead.

Regarding the attempt at calling me a hypocrite - yes, we had islands. We had way too many. We tried real hard to encourage people to drop on them, because we wanted to blockade and it gets pretty unsustainable after a while to find a new target every week. Not our fault that our haters went telling everyone that we were the devil incarnated, and would eat their babies alive if they dared drop a chest on us, and people believed them...

Now please learn from the other posters here, skip the pathetic attempts at attacking me for everything you can come up with and stay on topic, or shoo.

Edit: Quote failure
----------------------------------------
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates