mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 15, 2019 7:06:25 AM

Posted by Ezder at Oct 7, 2012 4:37:20 AM
Re: Regarding sinking blockades
Thanks Lilcracker, for a post that is constructive and on topic, even though I don't agree with you much!

Well it's either sinking blockades or they release a new big dub sink (still recovering from the horrors of gold boxes).

Well, that is true in a way, but I dare say that when it comes to sinking ships, SMHs probably do that better than blockades anyway. And talking about sinks, sure, we need them, but we could get a long way with just lowering the payouts in SMHs. Less botting, less inflation, more pillages, more people getting to b-nav their own ships, less steep hierarchy. Almost everybody wins. But, that's for game design, and I doubt it would ever happen anyway.

i would suggest that unless you have enough poe to go 5 rounds of 6k+ pay (even though most cades dont reach that high, but best to make sure ye can last), don't cade a strong island or strong flag... disappointment lies ahead.

I strongly, strongly, strongly disagree here. Do you really mean that you prefer an ocean where the smaller flags keep getting bled at their worthless outposts, while the wealthy "winners" can sit and collect island income while noone drops on them, because they don't want to spend 25 mil+ in a day? No, it should be possible to drop on larges, even if you're not likely to win, or to keep up with a paywar. And it would be, no problems at all apart from the higher drop cost, if those blockades weren't made sinking.

in any case, if you don't like the expenses of sinking cades, simply don't declare war... the feature that both flags have to war dec to be at war is a very useful one if your not ready for it...

That's exactly what I said, but from another perspective. "If you don't want your fleet sunk, don't drop here. Drop somewhere else if you want, but leave our islands alone!" Fine, I get it, those flags want to sit uncontested and get fat from island income. Just please skip the BS about loving blockades, and be honest about it.

oh and for the egomaniacs out there, owning many islands because you have TONS of funds does not make you any better than the other players.. this is that one of a kind game where skill matters far more than grind (poe, dubs, exp. points blah blah, bore me to death some more plz).

Disagreed again. Funds matter a lot, and even though it takes time ("grinding") to get them, never underestimate the skill of making poe. A fancy pirate page with all untimates may look nice, but it doesn't really do you much good and you may be a godlike naver, but without someone to pay you for a ship full of jobbers, that won't do you much good either.
----------------------------------------
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates