mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 19, 2019 10:54:35 AM

Posted by Ezder at Oct 1, 2012 12:15:28 PM
Re: Regarding sinking blockades
Yes Josh, I forgot that the jobbers like their fish and injuries! However, those are easy to get in SMHs these days anyway.

I also forgot two very obvious points, one against and one for sinking blockades.

Against: New flags/navers

Sinking blockades penalize new flags, and the use of less experienced staff, because not only the island and some jobber poe is at stake, but also the fleet. Newer navers will sink more, that's a fact, so the downsides of sinking apply even more to them.

In the same way, sinking also makes it a lot harder to just "get your feet wet" in a blockade, where you maybe let the defender outjob rather than to push up the pay, accepting the loss in order to gain some experience. Simply, instead of paying a little poe to try out blockading, you'll get your fleet sunk if you don't fight with pay to not get outshipped. That means that if sinking is the norm, flags who can't afford to keep up in a paywar and/or lose their fleet can't blockade at all.

(Sinking also kills all strategies to win while outjobbed by using small and undermanned ships, but that's more of a personal preference of mine than something more general.)

For: Poe/dub sink

YPP faces serious inflation. Jobber poe in blockades is not a poe sink, it only redistributes poe. Sunk ships, on the other hand, is a sink and, I have to admit, a desperately needed one. I'd still prefer other poe sinks over sinking blockades, though.
----------------------------------------
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates