mvnForum Homepage

Print at May 23, 2019 8:25:23 AM

Posted by Pianoman1125 at Jul 9, 2012 11:22:40 PM
Re: Delta Rating System
Gullfstream,

While I laud your efforts and your intended goals, I must echo many of the concerns that were voiced with your earlier iterations of any sort of perpetually updating ranking or classing system being hosted on the YPPedia:

* The process for gathering data is cumbersome and time intensive.
* The ranking system is complex and complicated discouraging anyone other than yourself from ever updating this information.
* Ranking "best" crews using metrics that are, frankly, meaningless within the contexts of the game.
* A massive amount of work for something that provides extremely limited and narrow gains.

Again, I commend your work and your willingness to do it but I simply think that if you wish to consider pursuing this sort of ranking system, you might be better off creating and hosting your own website from one of the myriad of free hosting providers out there. This really isn't information that belongs on the YPPedia as, foundationally, it's just not encyclopedic. Best wishes moving forward from here.

~The Maestro
----------------------------------------
Muffynz
A Cartographer

Member of Crimson Tide
YPPedia Admin
Not-so-secretly conducting the oceans since 2003.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates