mvnForum Homepage

Print at Jun 26, 2019 6:56:06 PM

Posted by Franklincain at May 23, 2012 11:46:23 AM
Building Footprints
I've been compiling a list of (documented) "footprints" (ground sizes) of the various buildings, for eventual inclusion into the YPPedia. Here's what I've gathered so far.

For the sake of consistency, I'm listing these footprints in the format "AxB" (where A is less than or equal to B).

Stalls and Shoppes

All Bazaars have a 6x6 footprint, regardless of craft. Shoppes, however, vary by craft.

Apothecary....4x6
Distillery....4x6
Furnisher.....4x5
Iron Monger...5x5
Shipyard......6x8
Tailor........5x5
Weavery.......5x5

Infrastructure

I was not able to find the footprint for an Inn. The other infrastructure buildings showed their respective footprints. (And since a palace comes into existence by upgrading the island's fort, I'm not surprised they have the same size footprint...)

As an aside...I presume the palace cannot be relocated; that is, it *must* be built at the exact same location and orientation as the fort from which is was upgraded. Could I get some governor -- past or present -- to please confirm this?

Bank...........5x5
Com. Market....6x7
Estate Agent...5x5
Fort/Palace....6x7
Inn............???

Attractions

I was not able to find the footprints for any of the three types of Attractions -- Black Market, Explorers' Hall, and Trading Post.

Housing

Shacks through Townhouses all have the same footprint -- 5x5. Manors through Estates share the same footprint as well -- 6x7, in their case. Pirate Halls fall in between, with a footprint of 5x6.

Recap -- Missing Info

I'd still like to know the footprint for an Inn as well as for the three types of Attractions. Thanks! ;-)

~Franklin
----------------------------------------
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates