mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 18, 2019 6:04:45 AM

Posted by Setsusa at Apr 4, 2012 2:39:22 PM
Re: Dub price whine thread

My biggest concern is that OOO will go the way of every other "free" game I've ever tried, which in reality turns out to be "We'll let you play a crippled version of the game. If you want to play the real game and [where applicable] stop being target practice for our paying customers, send us real-life money". And that's the biggest reason that YPP is still the only free online game I play. So... yes, threatening to leave is a real threat, at least from me. I've done it to every other game I've tried.

Care to list examples? I haven't found a game of such a category where skill doesn't outweigh credit card players. Granted, early in many games the money players gain a distinct advantage, but that generally dissipates entirely over time in the wake of someone who knows what they are doing. The problem is when you have a player who knows what they are doing and is dumping money into the game, at which point things do balance out, but it takes more time.

I don't see how Y!PP could put something realistically in that would make anyone feel like target practice. Unless you're implying they release double shot sloops or triple shot brigs/frigs for paying customers?
----------------------------------------
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates