mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 19, 2019 3:32:40 AM

Posted by wrs1864b at Apr 4, 2012 5:31:12 AM
Re: Dub price whine thread

Wait until they introduce very important things that can't be bought with dubs, but can only be bought with real money.

That's the day I leave. One of the things I really like about this game is that your abilities are determined by your abilities, not your wallet*.

Oh! A threat of quiting... yeah, where have I seen that before?

To roughly translate the two real-money-only things in Spiral Knights into YPP, imagine there was a badge, bought with real money only, that would let you instantly create a spawn and quickly disengage. If your ship is ready for the next battle, you click the button and *boom*, you are on a bnav board. If the spawn and/or board isn't to your liking, you can disengage after 2 turns. Sure, you can continue to play with the old spawn system, it just takes longer. Oh, and yeah, the quick disengage would help traders, but they can still move stock they way they do now. Your abilities haven't changed, just the amount of fun per minute.

The other thing that is real-money-only is an equivalent to a new SMH-type thing, with higher pay and the ability to get more useful ships/swords. Sure, your ability hasn't changed. You can even get these things by paying others, so you don't *have* to pay real-money, but it sure is easier.

Neither of these things would stop you from playing the game as you do right now. Do you think many people are really going to quit just because they are having the same fun as they have been having? Sure, there was some grumbling on the Spiral Knights forums when these were introduced, but most players thought it made the game funner, and therefore was good for the game.
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates