mvnForum Homepage

Print at Apr 6, 2020 3:11:57 AM

Posted by Tangosueno at Jan 30, 2012 2:23:45 PM
Re: Ode to Malachite

People need to look past the fact it's Emmett posting that. Running a brig pillage when there's a difficult BK cade on is against the spirit of cooperation which Malachite used to be so good at. Although CD were always unlikely to get enough jobbers to win the cade only paying 600 (we typically had to pay 1000-1500 to beat Barney in similar Drogeo cades), that WB significantly reduced the chance that they'd be able to do so.

I don't think it helped that he was running a WB pilly during the BK cade at all, so I do agree with Emmett on that part. If Josh did manage to fill a WB, then that would've been a big difference in jobbing numbers for the cade on Mala. Although I would find it odd if he even got enough jobbers to fill it as I would think most would choose a BK cade over a pilly any day. I don't know the details as I wasn't there. I'm not disagreeing or bashing Emmett for that, because I would be just as upset if it were my BK cade and someone I knew just decided to run a pilly during it instead of supporting the ocean.
I dont agree that he should be tarting about it here, which was a perfectly good poem thread to say goodbye to Mala. Not a tarting poem thread about other flags on Mala.
----------------------------------------
Tangosueno in the Meridian~~
Gallo says, "I barely ever have to move it myself anymore"

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates