mvnForum Homepage

Print at Dec 8, 2019 11:16:18 AM

Posted by the8dude at Jan 22, 2012 10:03:23 AM
Re: Plans for Alkaid Island

What kind of research did you do into the Alkaid CB market? I heard a passing comment on a ship yesterday that your flag had bought up the market for the coming blockade. So it's quite a biased market at the moment. Does your research stretch further into the past than just this week/weekend?

Will you be selling the IMs or running them inner flag? If you are selling them, will you actually make sure they go into the right hands for management or just the guy who is willing to pay the most to get another shoppe?

To attract a healthy cb market from various sources, have you considered setting up a partial refund on newly opened stalls to encourage others to join the Alkaid market?

As I type this, your selling cbs from the palace at 20/45/58 these prices are extortionate if you are actually serious about wanting to help the healthy process of nearby expeditions and pillages (your words), so would you consider lowering them until the supply has increased from shoppe and stall owners?

Edit : I've also just been informed that some atlantis maps have been spawning nearby Alkaid which has also exhausted the market recently.

Good Question.
We have been watching Alkaid's market for quite some time. A large island should be able to provide at least 8k of each cannonball type, at any given time. Alkaid is unable to provide this supply, due to the high costs of production & lack of local Iron + Wood spawns. To aid the supply and production rates, we will be focusing on supplying raw commodities from nearby islands, at the lowest possible cost. Over time, shop & stall owners will be able to provide a larger supply of CB's to those in need of them. However, our interests are with the islands business. As a result, we will not be flooding the market with raw commodities to the point where producing CB's becomes unprofitable. We will be maintaining a market floor price, by controlling the frequency and amount of imported commodities, to the point where all CB's will be affordable, while still generating a net surplus of poe for shop and stall owners.

As for the shops, one IM will stay within the flag & the other will be sold to someone interested in actually producing and shipping in raw commodities.

To attract a healthy cb market from various sources, have you considered setting up a partial refund on newly opened stalls to encourage others to join the Alkaid market? Yes, we have. We will not only be lowering taxes after maintaining the island for one week by 5%, but will be offering a 50% tax rebate on all shops, during the first week of the merger.

As I type this, your selling cbs from the palace at 20/45/58 these prices are extortionate if you are actually serious about wanting to help the healthy process of nearby expeditions and pillages (your words), so would you consider lowering them until the supply has increased from shoppe and stall owners? Due to the high demand and minute supply, prices were raised. Yes, these prices will be lowered as the supply increases within the next few days.

If anyone has any questions regarding Alkaid, please feel free to send me a tell!
----------------------------------------
Zakilla
You've seen nothing yet.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates