mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 13, 2019 11:25:02 PM

Posted by Airion at Jan 7, 2012 9:33:25 AM
Re: United Oceans Discussion

I checked it out and had similar bugs - missing island etc. I found the Cobalt pirates very helpful in getting to those arches and getting them added on to my known world.

My complaint is that this really looks like 2 oceans side by side. There is nothing to attract pirates from one side to play on the other. Or to bring dormant pirates back, or attract others to play on this ocean. I was hoping (wishing? dreaming?) the two oceans would be more integrated with multiple new inter-arch routes to encourage pirates from each ocean to get to know the other. I'd love to see Jade or Onyx in the middle of Midnight's donut hole. With routes to Jet, Emerald, Diamond and Coral. And the Cobalt arches nearer to other Midnight arches. I think this would encourage pirates from both oceans to sail and trade both oceans.

I hope what we are seeing now, is just the rough draft, to show that the process is possible and iron out most of the kinks. Then I hope OOO takes some time (and player feedback) to find an elegant way to combine the oceans in a format that adds value to multiple game components.

-Coug

I think you're taking 'integration' a little too seriously. It doesn't matter if you put the oceans side-by-side or smoosh them both together so they cover one map. The point of the merge is to have both sets of players playing on the same server.

Integration will happen in time. After a few days, a couple of West players will have ships on the East side, and vice versa. After a couple of weeks, even more stuff will be scattered about. Then OOO will switch blockades back on and there will be more travelling. Every job offer that appears on the jobbing board will be global, with pirates from both sides coming together.

Then we have the memorisers. Those determined to mem the whole ocean now have a tonne of new routes to get charts for and mem.

I don't think it makes much difference how far apart the islands are. In time, it will just be one big ocean. But time is the key factor.
----------------------------------------
Don't wait for the perfect moment, take a moment and make it perfect.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates