mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 23, 2019 8:47:42 AM

Posted by Chavez67 at Dec 14, 2011 12:02:36 PM
Re: Give the (meta) game back to the players.

The jobber cap thing was always really easy to do. You just make mediums and smalls two-team-only and put a cap on the number of pirates on the board. Leave larges as free for alls, and call it a day. Veeery simple 'fix' that gives everyone what they want.

Does that mean that small and medium islands could only blockaded by people who dropped a warchest? (ie, no one would be able to take a ship in for fun/practice)

Also, how would you handle allies that came in to help one side by attacking or contesting another attacker disproportionately? The proposed jobber cap mechanic would be easy to evade.

Small price to pay. They can always go to larges or event blockades.

Allies can't come either. Just the two primary parties. Again, I'd only apply this limitation to outposts and mediums. Or hell, maybe just outposts.

Islands are like soccer fields. Flags with smaller jobber draws need some place to play too, that can't be griefed by some poker asshole dropping 100 mil on pay.
----------------------------------------

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates