mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 17, 2019 11:51:14 AM

Posted by Chiptharip at Dec 13, 2011 4:58:12 PM
Re: Give the (meta) game back to the players.
A lot of the things mentioned here are repeats of what has been said for the better part of half a decade by some of the game's most talented and devoted players. Hopefully OOO takes this as a clue.

I'd be content with the following, in order of importance:

1) Remove 200k poker - May not seem that important but I believe a lot of structural issues stem from this. Mainly, 200k power allows unmatched concentration of wealth that creates "superflags" and fosters the unpredictability in blockades going from affordable to "holy shit who spends $8000-10000 worth of doubloons in one day". Plus, if you remove the ability of individuals to become super rich, ideally we'll see more emphasis on team based activities. Edit: Removing 200k poker would have to come with some sort of incentive for the super wealthy to burn off assets. Special familiars, PoE buybacks, etc.

2) Implement skilled swabbies

3) Hard caps, both in pay and jobbers on board, for outposts and mediums. I'd go like, 1000/seg 150 jobbers / no third parties on the board for outposts. 2500/seg 225 jobbers / 3rd parties - no alliances/not allowed to pay. Larges unrestricted

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates