mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 29, 2020 7:46:39 PM

Posted by garf at Sep 23, 2003 9:51:26 PM
the magick inn - quick inter-arch travel
with two new soon-to-be populated archipelagos, the problem of inter-arch travel comes up once again.

i know that cleaver specifially wants that inter-arch travel no be an easy thing to do. however, considering the current social structure of azure, where a lot of people know each other who now will move even further away, i think that at least a temporary and comfortable way of inter-arch travel would be appropriate.

after all, for anyone who knows people in other archs, inter-arch travel by /job is already quite easy to do, and sooner or later there will be navy routes open to everyone for that purpose, so why not make this minor inconvenience one that ye can avoid for paying a small fee?

for this, the inn comes to mind. it currently serves no purpose but providing some drinking tables.. how about letting them have some magick rooms that lets ye travel to any other inn on the ocean for a fee? i would imagine that something like 100 poe would be a reasonable fee considering the time ye save by this.

to make this easy from a programming perspective (after all, this would be intended for the current state of the game), it could just use the bank transfer interface, only with inns.
----------------------------------------
- Randal

[size=9]also Garf, Silvain and a few others

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates