mvnForum Homepage

Print at Aug 24, 2019 6:18:48 PM

Posted by the_rock99 at Oct 10, 2011 11:48:12 AM
Re: Reasons for not returning War Declarations?

That "excuse" is used a lot because it's always a valid reason.

You and I both know that this isn't always the case. I've been here 5 years and I've seen many flags that were able to return war declarations but simply didn't, with their experienced officers and large amounts of pirate bashers with this reasoning.

Another point I'd like to make to everyone about why I'm so pro-war in this debate is this oceans egos. We're all quick to boast a large amount in blockading when we forget blockading is in fact a team effort and is mainly based on points and jobbers, along with pay raises. In a blockade you aren't playing alone, you're with your team mates which will either lead you to victory or a loss.

When you're navigating one on one with another player its a whole different game. Its still a team effort but its purely to take out the other player without the worry about interruption from another ship or keeping points.

Now to the part about hunting greenie officers. I agree, its really boring hunting greenies considering most of them are sitting ducks after about 4 or 5 turns but I'm not saying its not effective.

For example if someone goes around hunting my greenie officers I'm probably gonna get annoyed and challenge that officer to a PvP against me with his best crew mates/hearties on their best stations and my best crew mates/hearties and if you dont want to battle me, I'll go take out one of your easy targets to get even.

Another point I'd like to make about this greenie hunting is that there are two sides to battle navigation. Navigating against bots and players. How are you meant to get any better if the only practice you're going to get against players is in blockading? I understand the part about being in training and not wanting to get sunk but there's more than enough time to train. We're not hunting 24/7 or only when a specific player is on. You have enough hours to train your greenie officers and the navy mission is there too for bot training.

Bob makes a valid point and I fully understand your logic behind not wanting to return a smaller flags war declaration. Thanks for your input.
----------------------------------------
Greatness.
Better than you.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates